Successful sales teams start with highly effective sales managers. Yet, many find themselves promoted to sales manager based on previous performance rather than their people management skills, but top performer doesn’t always equal successful manager.
The good news? Great sales management is a skill that can be learned.
Start with the following 5 Tack TMI tips to help you lead your sales team to success:
- Know what motivates your team – Motivate people individually rather than applying one ‘blanket’ motivational device to all.
- Measure performance – Establish realistic key performance indicators for individuals and the team as a whole. Use as a tool for development, not punishment.
- Field coaching – Accompany your team in the field, observe and review their style and offer advice and guidance for development.
- Inspire your team to succeed – Motivational sales meetings don’t just happen, they must be planned. Think about: meeting objectives, style, agenda, timings and venue.
- Continuous improvement – Create a focussed plan to continuously develop your teams skills and address any weaknesses through training and coaching.
Tack TMI’s interactive Sales Management course provides a safe environment for sales managers to explore, learn and perfect the sales management skills required to effectively develop and lead high performing sales teams.
Contact a member of our team today for more information on our Sales Management course, or find out more here: Sales Management
Sales calling is a key part of a salesperson’s role, whether to win new business or build relationships, however in an age when instant messaging and emailing are the go to communication channels, it seems salespeople are reluctant to pick up the phone and dial. Here we detail the 7 most common excuses for not making sales calls and how to overcome them.Read more >
How is market uncertainty impacting you or your sales team? Are sales cycles getting longer? Are deals which seemed an almost certainty being delayed or put on hold indefinitely? Here we detail the steps salespeople and managers can take to sell successfully in uncertain times.Read more >